My photo
I have a big mouth, I'm loud & I always have something to say... Shut Up Cole!!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

E & F- Easter & Family

I know the rules of the A-Z challenge are to blog one letter of the alphabet per day but I am a slacker and as long as we're being honest, a rule breaker too! With that being said, I've decided to combine the letters E and F into one eventful posting.

We usually spend Easter hanging around my parents house eating and relaxing all day. This year is pretty much the same but for an added bonus we have family visiting from up north, my Aunt and 3 of her 4 kids! They flew in yesterday and we spent the night catching up while baking and coloring eggs. I found these neon glitter eggs on Pinterest that I thought would be fun to make. We attempted them and this is how ours turned out...


Not to shabby and we had a blast making them!

The cupcakes were just as pretty but I didn't get a chance to snap any pictures... they were Pillsbury Funfetti Spring Fling Cake Mix dyed pink and purple with Pillsbury No-Fuss Frosting in vanilla, edible pink and purple spray paint (from Jo-Ann's) then topped with matching colored sugar. We also used these really pretty flower paper liners, also pink and purple (see our theme- lol) and also from Jo-Ann's.

I spent the night filling over 150 plastic eggs and playing Easter Bunny. Yes, Alissa is SUPER SPOILED but I justify it with her being an only child.. :)) She was so happy when she woke up this morning and it was so worth it.

Then we made our way over to my parents house for moms delicious breakfast ring, some swimming for the kids (the water is still to cold for me), prepping for supper and the egg hunt.

Supper consisted of the traditional ham, potatoes and veggies, and being Italian and recent dental work for my parents we had moms amazing homemade lasagna. Afterwards everyone found a comfy spot and we all napped. It was such a great day, nothing fancy just some quality family time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment